Pride this year comes with a full bunch of new (and also some old) offers!! Let’s dive into it!
1) QUEER_gelernt: Workbook to gender-neutral options in German
Learn and practise the neo-pronouns dey/demm with Mika and their friends, what are terms you can use for non-binary family members and learn how to phrase more gender-neutral. You can chose for a digital and/or a paper version. Paper version gets into printing at the beginning of July and there will be only a little amount of copies, so don’t hesitate and pre-order your copy now!
- Digital Version: 5€
- Paper Version: 9€
- Both together: 12,50€
- Shipping in Germany for free.
2) QUEER_gesprochen?! Language Meet-Up
The meet-up will be a possibility to practise your German with other queer people, find a practise partner or to just meet new people!! 🤓😍
- Teacher(s) will be present for some help
- a “German only practising“ opportunity will be created with ice breakers for different levels but of course you can also just come and find new friends!
- Meet-Up is planned from 14-16, afterwards you can join Mercedes and go to Motzstraßenfest at U Nollendorfplatz 🌈
3) Summer Talks: Two different kinds of Conversation course
QUEER Kurz und Knapp: Short Conversation Classes to practise what you learnt while talking about topics which are interesting for you.
- Mondays and Fridays 08:30-9 CET
- You can decide to come only Mondays or Fridays or both days!
- 10.07.-18.08.2023, 6/12 classes
- Join Monday OR Friday for 45€
- Join Monday AND Friday for 80€
QUEER Schnittmenge: Conversation Classes with focus on intersectionality.
- Mondays 18-19 CET
- 10.07.-18.08.2023, 6 classes
- 6 lessons for 80€
4) Regular offers:
QUEER_anfangen. Start Learning German in a queer group
You want to learn German without having to argue about pronouns or explain your sexuality? Other courses were too fast and couldn’t explain gender neutral options? Then join this class and learn with other queer people in a safe space.
- Ongoing and takes place Mondays 18:30-20:30 CET till 25th September. No lesson on 1st and 29th May due of Bank Holiday in Germany.
- If you join on July 3rd, 12 lessons for 250€
If you’re interested in group classes for A2 or B1, Write me. Waiting lists for both levels are open to start (again) in September.
You’re interested in individual courses? There are currently three options to choose from:
- Klein: 5×60 minutes for 175€
- Mittel: 10×60 minutes for 300€
- Groß: 10×90 minutes for 450€
- are online
- a safe space for queer people and everyone interested in diversity sensitive language
- no further material is needed
- small groups 3-7 people
- pace depending on the group, if it’s too fast or too slow -> tell me and we find a solution
- if the course of your choice already started, prices will be reduced accordingly.
For some learning a language is easy, for others it can take forever. Affects on your learning experience can be: your former learning experience, your native language, neurodivergency, how busy your life is, how boring the book is, how safe you feel in front of your teacher and other students and many other little things. This doesn’t mean you’ll never learn this language, just that you need a different learning setting. At QUEER_gesprochen?! you’ll find a safe space with facilitators who are also part of the LGBTQIA* community, know intersectional discrimination, have neurodivergencies themselves and love learning languages. They try to make the lessons as accessible and inclusive as possible. Please give us feedback, if something is not working for you, so we can do it better.